The Municipal Social Assistance Centre (MOPS) cooperates with the social and non – government organizations, churches and religious associations as well as with the natural and legal persons, self – government authorities, health service and other institutions depending on the needs of the persons under their care. The activity of the Gmina Committee for Solution to Alcohol Problems and cooperation with the Advice Ward for the Therapy to Addictions and Co-addictions in Żyrardów, Group Alcoholics Anonymous and socio – therapeuthical day room acting in local environment is essential for the problem solution in families with alcohol problems.
Furthermore the centre performs the following essential tasks:
▪ identification of individual and environment needs
▪ offering the benefits
▪ offering and payment of appropriated benefits
▪ payment of pension and health insurance contributions for the persons leaving their employment in connection with the necessity to take the direct and personal care of chronically or seriously ill family member
▪ social work
▪ organization of social support within their activity area
▪ animation of actions in the scope of social assistance in the activity area of the Centre and activation of local community in order to meet identified needs.